Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Small Pine Chest 2

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ok ... I said the Small Pine Chest was done ...  Impatience!!!
In between working on a new project, I have gone back and fitted the hinges, improved the finish and made an addition to it, hopefully making it more of a finished piece and a lot more useful.

As this project was my warm up to dovetails and making my own tool chest, I decided to add a drawer or till to it. Nothing fancy just a simple butt jointed box that sits on two Oak side rails. As it stands this would make a nice little travelling tool chest. My no#6 plane fits in the bottom like a hand in a glove! In fact its probably a good thing that my large tennon saw doesnt fit as I have now out grown my small toolbox I made (what seems like) ages ago.

Instead its going to make someone a lovely Christmas present...

Anyway, a few pics to really wrap this project up! 








TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment